What is the forum?
Our forum provides a unique opportunity for people to speak directly to those who run mental health services in Wiltshire, talking about their experiences and sharing their ideas for ways services could be improved.
It's a collaboration between Healthwatch Wiltshire, service users and mental health service provider Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust (AWP), and is supported by a range of organisations including Wiltshire Council, Richmond Fellowship, Carer Support Wiltshire and Citizens Advice.
What does the forum talk about?
The online forum has regular guest speakers, which means that as well as sharing their experiences, forum members are able to get involved in the shaping and development of mental health services in Wiltshire, including:
- The redesign of the Recovery and Inclusion service, which is to be set up in response to an expected increase in demand for mental health services following the Covid-19 pandemic.
- A new initiative by Citizens Advice to pilot a service providing extra support to help those with mental health to act on advice they have been given.
What has the forum been working on?
Our members have produced their own comprehensive guide to mental health and wellbeing services on offer in Wiltshire, as a way of helping people who are struggling with their mental health to find the right support for them quickly and easily.
The Wiltshire Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Services list details where adults, children and young people can get support, counselling, and advice on topics such as addiction, bereavement and homelessness.
Download the Wiltshire Mental Health and Wellbeing Support Services list
If you would like this information in a different format, email email@example.com or call 01225 434218.
You can also:
- Zoom in on the PDF to make the text bigger
- Print the PDF at A3 size to make the text bigger
- Use a screenreader such as GoogleTalkback or JAWS to read the document
How can I get involved?
Join our free Wiltshire Mental Health Open Forum online on the first Wednesday of every month at 2pm.
For more details, and to sign up, please email Jo Woodsford, our Volunteers and Partnerships Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org