Share your experiences of local health and care services and make it better for everyone – that’s the message from the county’s independent health and care watchdog Healthwatch Wiltshire as it celebrates its fifth birthday on Sunday (April 1).
Healthwatch Wiltshire, along with 147 other healthcare organisations in England, was set up in 2013 as a result of the Health and Social Care Act 2012. Its role is to listen to the views of the public on local health and care services. They then use this feedback to help influence decision-making at a local level, shaping services for the better.
In the last year, the Melksham-based organisation has regularly visited all corners of the county and collected 2495 individual views and experiences. Overall, 46 per cent of feedback was positive, with 424 comments praising the quality of services.
More than 60 volunteers also took part in over 500 activities over the last year and helped to collect feedback from the public.
Lucie Woodruff, Healthwatch Wiltshire Manager, said: “On our fifth birthday, we are really proud of what we have achieved so far in the county. Our staff and volunteers continue to meet the community to listen to what people have to say about local health and care services.
“Everyone who uses health and care services has the right to expect a high standard. In order to help organisations achieve these standards, we need the public’s help. That’s why we actively encourage and welcome feedback.
“No matter how big or small the issue, we want local people to share their stories with us, so that we can share these ideas with those with the power to make change happen.”
Five ways to share your views on health and care in Wiltshire:
- Talk to a Healthwatch Wiltshire volunteer or staff member on an information stand in the community. See the events calendar for an up to date venue list: www.healthwatchwiltshire.co.uk/events
- Pick up the phone and talk to a friendly member of staff to share your experience: 01225 434218
- Email your story to email@example.com
- Leave feedback online: www.healthwatchwiltshire.co.uk
- Join our growing team of volunteers – and help give people a powerful voice to make a real and lasting change, visit: www.healthwatchwilthshire.co.uk/volunteering