Wiltshire advocacy services

Help and support with the complaints process.
road signs

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy

If you need support and guidance through the process of making a complaint about your NHS health care, you can contact The Advocacy People

They can support and guide you through the process of making a formal complaint. An advocate patiently listens to you, helps you to understand and explains your options and choices.  

Your advocate will ensure you have the support you need to make an informed choice and get the help and support you need to complain about the NHS. The service is free, independent and confidential.

Find out more 

Independent Mental Health Advocacy

This service is for people who are under section in hospital or in the community, and is provided by The Advocacy People.

An advocate can help you understand your rights and help you get answers to your questions. They can attend meetings with you and speak to people on your behalf.

You can refer yourself to this service, or you can be referred by a family member, friend or health or social care professional.

Find out more

Wiltshire Children’s Advocacy

If you are a child or a young person in care, or if you are a care leaver, and need information about how an advocate can support, provide representation and guidance through the process of making a complaint about health or care services, you can contact Wiltshire Children’s Advocacy.

The service is for children and young people aged 7 years or over in Wiltshire and meet the criteria as either being looked-after, a care leaver, in private foster care or has a disability and accessing overnight short breaks in Wiltshire.

Find out more

Living Well Advocacy Service

The Living Well Advocacy Service supports people living in Wiltshire with a long-term condition to complete a Living Well Plan, a record of your hopes and preferences for the future. The service remains open during Covid restrictions. 

Find out more here:

Other advocacy support in Wiltshire

For more information on where to get help, visit Wiltshire Council's Your Care Your Support website. 

Find out more

Looking for information about health and care?

Find advice and information to help you stay well and make decisions about your health and social care support.

Find advice and information