Join YouthWatch Wiltshire and have your voice heard!
YouthWatch Wiltshire is for 14-25 year olds who are dedicated to improving our health and care services and want their voices heard.
A lot of the skills we have picked up I believe to be truly valuable to later in life…. I know that for myself, I feel a lot more confident when talking to groups of people and I know how to conduct myself around different age groups.Kerry
We are looking for young people who are:
- interested in young peoples well-being
- from different communities and backgrounds
- keen to have their say
What will you be asked to do?
- Complete a training session
- Follow our volunteer code of conduct
- Keep in touch with us and let us know what you have heard
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to have your say and be part of influencing change
- Meeting new people
- Gaining confidence
- Valuable work experience
- We can also provide you with a reference
Interested in our engagement projects?
Want to join us?
Information for Children and Young People
On Your Mind is a site run and managed by Wiltshire Council that signposts children and young people in Wiltshire to sources of support for good mental health and emotional wellbeing. Healthwatch Wiltshire and our Young Listeners have been involved in the development of this site and will be involved in monitoring the content to ensure that it provides the information that children and young people need.
Wiltshire Children’s Advocacy
If you are a child or a young person in care, or if you are a care leaver, an Advocate can:
- Help you to express your views and wishes to ensure they have been heard and taken into account by people who make decisions that affect you
- Help you to understand the decisions that have been made about you
- Speak on your behalf if you are unhappy about the way you are being treated by social services or you are worried about plans being made, such as a move.
- Accompany you at meetings and reviews
- Help you to understand your rights.
You can ask for an Advocate if you are a child or young person aged 7 years or over in Wiltshire and:
- You need to make your views heard at a Child Protection Conference
- You are looked-after
- You are a care leaver
- You are in private foster care
- You have a disability and are accessing overnight short breaks in Wiltshire
- You are in receipt of social care services or health services and wish to make a complaint or a representation
To get in touch with an advocate, phone 0300 3658 300
Wiltshire Safeguarding Children Board are committed to keeping children safe.
In order for children and young people to have a voice and influence the work of the Board, WSCB have set up a Youth Safeguarding Board. They sit approximately every 2 months and are currently focussing on 3 key topics:
- Keeping safe whilst online gaming
- Social media safety
- Sexting- what you need to know